Saint James School At A Glance
Founded in 1842, Saint James School is a coeducational, Episcopal boarding school with a smaller day student program for grades 8-12 located in western Maryland. From many backgrounds, faiths, and points of view, our students are broadly educated and deeply principled. They are self-confident, well spoken, and fearless in sharing their opinions and beliefs. They are well prepared for college and life. Kind and moral, our students are inspired to lead for good.
The Saint James community is distinguished by an abiding mutual respect that impacts every aspect of life and learning. Here, every person is welcome, every voice is heard, and every perspective is valued.
We invite you to learn more about the Saint James School community.
More Quick Facts
- College-preparatory boarding & day programs
- Co-ed, grades 8-12
- Affiliated with the Episcopal Church; accepting of all faiths
- Located in Hagerstown, Maryland, ~70 miles from DC and Baltimore
- 600+ acre campus with natural spring (the Bai Yuka)
- Sports: baseball, basketball, cross country, football, golf, lacrosse, soccer, tennis, wrestling, field hockey, softball, volleyball, dance, martial arts
- Full arts program: theater, music, visual arts, dance
- 32 full-time teaching faculty; 56% hold advanced degrees
- Accredited jointly by the Association of Independent Maryland Schools and Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools and approved by the Maryland State Board of Education
- Member of the Cum Laude Society, NACAC, PCACAC, ACCIS, College Board, NAIS, AIMS, the National Association of Episcopal Schools, The Association of Boarding Schools
- Need-based financial aid available