Saint James School is committed to attracting and retaining the finest faculty and staff by offering competitive salaries and benefits.
Please click below to view available openings.
Saint James School is a coed, college preparatory Episcopal boarding school in central Maryland, educating 240 students in grades 8 - 12. We pride ourselves in having a friendly, respectful, caring environment where students are encouraged to develop academically, athletically, spiritually, and in service to others. Saint James School offers our students a remarkably balanced experience that includes challenging academics, strong athletics, excellent fine arts, and thoughtful community service. The end results of a Saint James education are students that are exceedingly well prepared for success in college and a life of leadership and service in the years that follow.
The Associate Director of Enrollment Management, along with the entire Admission Office, is primarily responsible for enrolling the School with mission-appropriate students by representing and promoting Saint James School to prospective students and their families. In this essential role, the Associate Director will work collaboratively with colleagues in the Headmaster’s, Admission, Development, Academic and Communication Offices to manage prospective family relationships as they progress through the application and enrollment processes and to market Saint James School to its internal and external constituents via electronic media and admission events.
The Saint James Admission Office consists of a Director of Enrollment Management, two Associate Directors, and an Office Manager.
- Four year college degree or higher required
- Minimum of three years of admission work required, preferably at a boarding school
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an engaging personality with the ability to establish and foster positive relationships with internal and external constituents
- Possession of sound judgment, flexibility, attention to detail, and creative problem solving
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team, handling multiple assignments in a busy department while meeting deadlines
- Motivated by setting and attaining specific, individual goals
- Experience using social media and online marketing to promote schools
- Competency in using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint/Keynote, and databases- experience specifically with SchoolAdmin, Blackbaud, SSS, and Hubspot preferred.
- Ability and interest in data analytics and data-driven decision making.
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally to promote the School; possession of or ability to expediently procure a valid passport.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Enroll the School with mission-appropriate students
- Co-lead the School’s social media and online marketing efforts
- Coordinate Admission-related events on and off campus
- Engage as a full member of the community by attending seated meals, sporting events, and school productions
- Establish and maintain excellent relationships with prospective, current, and past families.
- Plan and execute admission-related travel.
- Facilitate and manage prospective family campus visits, including interviewing prospective students.
- Manage regular and clear communication with Saint James constituents: prospective families, colleagues, current families, current students, feeder school officials, alumni, educational consultants, trustees, etc.
- Reside on campus, most likely as a member of a dormitory team.
- One evening of dorm duty per week and serve on a weekend duty team.
- Act as an assistant coach for a sport or activity
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Enrollment Management or the Headmaster.