Saint James School FAQs
- How big is our student body?
- How many boarding students do we have?
- Is boarding required at Saint James?
- What does Saint James look for in an applicant?
- What is the timeline for submitting an application to Saint James?
- How many applications does Saint James receive each year? How many students are accepted?
- Is a tour part of the application process?
- When will I be notified of your decision?
- What are the average SSAT scores?
- Where are Saint James students from?
- Do you conduct Skype interviews?
- What is the boy to girl ratio?
- What is the student to faculty ratio?
We seek a variety of qualities in our applicants. In addition to a strong commitment to academics and athletics, Saint James School seeks students who are eager to be involved in our community, who wish to form close, mentoring relationships with faculty, and who are committed to developing their capacity to be leaders for good in the world.
Candidates may begin an application at any time. However, in order to be considered for the following fall, information must be relevant to that year. We require the most current transcript available for completion of each applicant's file. For a notification date of March 10, our application deadline is January 31st. We otherwise accept applications on a rolling basis and notifications will be sent as the Admission Committee reviews files.
Yes. For all students who are able to visit campus, we ask that you schedule a tour and an in person interview. This will give you a strong sense of our community, and will help us get to know you, and assess your interest in Saint James. Please refer to the Application Process page for more information.
Why Boarding School? The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS) also has comprehensive FAQs about boarding in general for students and parents.